This Policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this website, social media or email.
Information we collect
Information You Provide
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Job title, profession
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, IP address, and time zone or location.
- Our third-party service providers may provide us information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you, we would treat it as personal data.
We may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our site) or similar technologies to record log data. Many browsers default to accepting cookies. You may be able to change this setting in your browser and you can also clear your cookies although if you do you may lose some functionality of our site. Check your browser’s help function to learn more about your cookie setting options.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "do not track" instructions as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising and analytics: These cookies collect information about who is visiting our site and how users engage with our site. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site. Please see below for a listing of our analytics providers.
- Essential cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected such as login details or other selections you may have made.
- Social Media cookies: We use social media tools on our site and these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to track browsing habits as you visit the site. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third-party site such as a social media platform.
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities.
- We might also use a pixel tag which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site.
- If you have any questions about cookies you can go to youronlinechoices.com/uk or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Use of your information - Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used for marketing, to improve the content of our website, provide you with a more personal overall experience and in communications with you. Oversight is relying on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests or Consent: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information, which are legitimate business interests. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We will share your information in the following ways:
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. Service Providers are under confidentiality agreements and we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Analytics. Specifically, for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Google AdSense and AdWords/Analytics: We work with Google AdWords and AdSense. Google, as a third-party vendor, uses DoubleClick cookies to enable it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our website or other websites on the Internet. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising, DoubleClick cookies for interest-based advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting Google Ads Settings or Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit Google Privacy & Terms.
- Business Transfers. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. In such transitions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. In the unlikely event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired or enter a court proceeding, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that your personal information can continue to be used as set forth in this Policy.
Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk.
Third party links
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Choices and Individual Rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data and your choices below:
- E-mail. If you do not wish to receive e-mails from us, you may update your settings or opt out at any time. If you opt out of a marketing e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of these actions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
- Please note, 1) we will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to requests and 2) in some cases, we may not be able to fulfill a request, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (“EEA”) residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the member state where you habitually reside, your place of work, or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the EU/EEA, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your information.
Oversight will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Oversight will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or the address below.
Oversight complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. Oversight has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. Oversight is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Oversight complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Oversight is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Oversight has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles utilizing JAMS International, an alternative dispute resolution provider headquartered in London with additional locations in Amsterdam, Milan, New York and Rome. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry, or if your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact our U.S.-based third- party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.