Position Overview: Job Purpose
The Solution Consultant is primarily responsible for determining the overall strategic, operational and technical scope of new business opportunities with customers and prospects. Part business analyst, part technologist, part sales person, the Solution Consultant works closely with sales and implementation teams to understand strategic business issues and then craft and communicate solution strategies.
A strong consulting background is a requirement as is comfort with sales. Familiarity with the tactical approach of the Challenger sales methodology is a plus. The qualified candidate will have a strong technical background, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and knowledge of financial business processes, such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Procurement, and Travel and Expense.
- Working closely with Oversight sales team and prospective customers to understand strategic
- business issues and identify and communicate how Oversight addresses these issues
- Articulate strategy and objectives using strong presentation skills that focus on value
- Working closely with product management, engineering, services, marketing, and support teams to provide input and share experiences
- Working with stakeholders (clients, partners, and Oversight employees) to define the
- requirements and success criteria of projects
- Earning client and partner trust through technical and functional expertise
- Collaborating and negotiating in the context of achieving shared objectives
This role is for you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication capabilities, including the ability to effectively
- communicate with both business/functional and highly technical individuals
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Solid “techno-functional” ability to work hands-on with technology and demonstrate our product, as well as understand and communicate business objectives
- Ability to adjust approach and communication style based on personalities and goals of
- Ability to present effectively, command attention, explain proposed solutions, and answer detailed questions from across the spectrum
- 5+ years in a Product Strategy or Product Management discipline in a Software environment
- Accounting and/or auditing experience or certification (highly desired)
- Big 4 consulting background (highly desired)
- ERP system implementations (preferred)
- A strong foundation in technology including SQL and XML. Exposure to the LINUX operating system
- Proficiency with personal and project productivity tools including MS Office, MS Project
In addition, a college or university degree in a related field is required. Oversight is headquartered in Atlanta, but this position will be based in the West region of the US.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Oversight Systems:
The world’s largest brands trust Oversight to identify employee-initiated spend risk no matter where it resides in their enterprise. Oversight is the leading AI-powered audit and risk management platform solution. Our best-in-class analytics look across multiple spend categories to identify and prioritize risks that goes undetected within separate source systems. We maintain our leadership in the marketplace because of our deep commitment to our customers’ success. We offer an energetic and diverse environment where new ideas are welcome from everyone.