About Oversight Systems
Oversight Systems’ core mission is to help business executives derive actionable insights from a sea of data without requiring that they become, or hire, data scientists. The Oversight Operational Analysis Platform is the first solution to automate evidential and predictive transaction analysis to generate specific, proven, plain language insights delivered directly to the front lines of business. Developed over ten years of real-world experience, the service has helped hundreds of businesses and government agencies save billions of dollars by identifying inefficiencies and preventing corruption, fraud and waste. Oversight Systems, Inc. is based in Atlanta, GA, and is privately held. Visit www.OversightSystems.com for more information.
Position Overview: Job Purpose
Oversight Systems has an opening for a Computer Operator/Support Engineer. This position is responsible for operating Linux based infrastructure and applications and providing basic customer support outside normal work hours. This role may be a 2nd shift, 3rd shift, or weekend shift role to support 24/7 support operations. The position is in Atlanta, GA.
- 2 – 4 years college; Bachelor degree in computer science preferred
- 4 – 6 years of hands-on Unix Operations experience in heterogeneous Production environment
- 2 – 3 years of hands on Application level Support
- RedHat Linux, Windows (2008 server and newer)
- Working technical knowledge of basic commands, job scheduling, and reading system and application log files. Basic knowledge of and experience using Linux/UNIX command-line utilities.
- Perform backups, apply patches, and perform other maintenance activities as instructed
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks and troubleshooting tools desirable
- Responsible for monitoring and operating Linux-based platforms
- Knowledge of troubleshooting OS and networking issues
- Assist in the performance of system administration, including file restores, account management, security management, running database jobs, etc. at the direction of supervisor
- Monitors all platforms to detect errors/issues.
- Create custom scripts, modify existing scripts, troubleshoot problem scripts
- Initiate, execute and monitor the batch processing schedule and resolve and/or escalate for the resolution of batch Incidents
- Escalate issues and problems according to procedures and best judgment.
- When correcting errors or resolving issues, work with supervisor/leads to implement the specified corrective actions to eliminate/alleviate situations allowing for the continued availability of the necessary platforms and applications
- Perform application upgrades utilizing scripts, stored procedures, or custom created tools
- Perform accurate entries in support tickets of all events, issues, responses, and resolutions.
- Write detailed, accurate tickets for production incidents and problems
- Ability to pay attention to details, work in a structured, procedure oriented environment
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams in a highly dynamic work environment
- Must be a self starter and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience in trouble shooting, problem determination, root cause analysis and rapid problem resolution is highly desirable
- Must be customer oriented. Highly cognizant of the importance of customer service, communicating effectively, and meeting service level commitments
- Works effectively under high pressure in a demanding, complex technical environment
- Must be results oriented, thorough, and dependable
- Should make an effort to know and understand the Oversight solution from the user’s perspective in addition to understanding back-end operations
- Should take calls from customers, users, and others and give effective guidance to help them through answering questions, user errors, and basic usability/data questions with using the Oversight solution.
- Ensure all Service Level commitments and processing deadlines are met and communicate to supervisor/leads when they are not going to be met at the earliest possible time.
- Ensure system availability for managed services customers through proactive system monitoring and observation of system error notifications
- Perform procedures following established operating procedures for Infrastructure, Applications and Databases
- Working technical knowledge of shell scripting, basic commands, job scheduling, and reading system and application logs files. Basic knowledge of and experience using Linux/UNIX command-line utilities.
- Perform first level problem diagnostics, identification and resolution; execute Incident Management, escalation and notification procedures prior to taking action
- Maintain a secure, clean and orderly work environment
- Assist in training and development of other computer operators.
- Problem analysis, root cause determination, and writing scripts are available as growth opportunities to the best candidates as primary skill mastery is demonstrated.
- Exercise of judgment and discretion to define appropriate outcome is possible as primary skill mastery is demonstrated.
- Work with XML and SQL is possible as primary skill mastery is demonstrated.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to email@example.com.