May is one of my favorite months. Summer is almost here, the long Memorial Day weekend, and also Towel Day. Held on May 25th, Towel Day honors the work of author Douglas Adams, who wrote the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series.
When considering how to celebrate this esteemed holiday, I was reminded of three similarities between Oversight Insights On Demand™ and a towel. I know it’s a leap, but let me explain….
When you are hitchhiking through the galaxy, the single most important tool that you can have is a towel. Why? Because the towel is incredibly versatile.
A towel has many diverse advantages for intergalactic hitchhikers:
1) Wrap it around your head to ward off noxious fumes
2) Wave it about as a distress signal
3) Use it as a sail during a water escape
4) Wrap it around you for warmth
5) Wet it for use in hand to hand combat
6) And of course you can use it to Dry yourself off
Insights On Demand is similarly multi-dimensional and versatile:
1) It identifies cases of potential fraud and misuse in your travel program or purchase card program.
2) It prioritizes the results so that you work on the most important cases of abuse first.
3) It shows you how your card program is being used from multiple perspectives in the dashboards.
4) It highlights the riskiest expense types, MCCs and merchants.
5) It identifies your riskiest employees so that you can concentrate your efforts to change your employee’s behavior to those who need it most.
6) It allows you to communicate with your employees to get the information that you need to review, research, and take action.
The second is the towel’s psychological value:
In the book, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams writes that when other galactic hitchhikers see that you are traveling with a towel, they assume that you “have it together” and you gain instant credibility.
Similarly, when you use Insights On Demand to monitor your travel or purchase card program, your company and its employees know that you are watching them. You gain instant credibility by using our tool. This gives you an immense psychological advantage in your efforts to enforce compliance and reduce misuse at your company.
Finally, using Insights On Demand gives you the assurance and visibility to know exactly what is happening in your company’s card programs.